Sabado, Setyembre 17, 2011

Football Summer Clinic 2011




I really had a great time last summer, thanks again to football... It was a very productive summer because a friend of mine asked me to help out in conducting a football clinic for children ages 2 to 16 in our home town.

When I was asked to do the job, I was both excited and anxious. Excited because I would be doing waht I love and sharing my skills to future athletes. Anxious because it was the first time I would do it... I was afraid that I will not be able to hold the attention of the children or that they would not follow me cuz I am also a kid... As it turned out, all my anxiety was for nothing... Indeed, the children were fun to be with. They were so eager to learn the skills in soccer and did not even complain of being under the heat of the sun for hours. They did the drills and exercises almost to perfection.  

When finally, the 4 weeks of training came to an end, I was happy to see the young athletes play the sport I love most... soccer.

Today,5 months after that training,  I learned that those kids are still playing football and most of them have improved their football skills and were even awarded as MVPs. 

Looking back, I'm glad I did what i did last summer... for the love of the game...

2 komento:

  1. It's great that you could share your talents and skill to young children... I am sure those children will not forget what you have imparted to them... Keep up the good work and more blessings to you.

    TumugonBurahin
  2. You've done a great job in sharing your talent to the young ones. Keep it up!

    TumugonBurahin